Let's have a Tea Party : Homemade Matcha Bubble Tea
With Social distancing, we can get creative and have an online 5 to 7 gathering with friends around a drink. Organize an online tea party and make your own cocktails...
60g large tapioca beads (in Asian grocery or online)
50cl of cooled green tea (sencha for example)
3 tablespoons rice syrup (organic stores or honey failing)
2 tablespoons soy "milk" (or cow's milk)
2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
6 ice cubes
1. Cook the tapioca beads.
2. Bring 50 cl of water to a boil in a saucepan.
3. Add the tapioca beads and cook for 15 minutes, stirring regularly. Leave to rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then drain.
4. Dilute 1 tablespoon of rice syrup with 1 tablespoon of water, and let the pearls cool in this syrup.
5. In a 50cl container shaker, put matcha, green tea, milk, 2 tablespoons syrup syrup, and ice cubes. Shake energetically.
6. Divide the beads into two large glasses, and pour the iced tea (without the ice cubes) on top.
7. Serve with large straws or long-handled spoons.
To make a little bit more fancy you may infuse your tapioca beads into your favorite alcool.
Add your ice cube just before consuming your drink so it does not turn watery
Please share with us your likes and comments on our facebook page